How To Apply
The School of Computer Science has a centralized online application process for graduate admissions.
December 9th, 2021 at 11:59 a.m. EST
- $125 for one program, $75 for each additional program.
The School of Computer Science requires the following for all graduate-level applications:
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- GRE scores: MIIS applicants must submit their GRE scores. These must be less than five years old. A GRE subject test in science, engineering, computer science, math, etc. is recommended but not required. Our Institution Code is 2074; Department Code is 0402.
- TOEFL scores: Required if English is not your native language. No exceptions. If you are currently working on or have received a bachelor's and/or a master's degree in the U.S. and your native language is not English, you may submit an expired test score up to five years old. TOEFL scores taken before August 20, 2016, will not be accepted. (While the TOEFL is preferred, the IELTS or Duolingo tests may also be submitted.) Successful applicants will have a minimum TOEFL score of 100. Our Institution Code is 4256; the Department Code is 78.
- Official transcripts from each university you have attended, regardless of whether you received your degree there.
- Current resume.
- Statement of Purpose.
- Three letters of recommendation.
Hard copies of transcripts, test scores, etc. are not required at the time of application. You will be asked to provide these if you are admitted to the program.
In addition to the SCS guidelines, the MIIS requires:
- A short (1-3 minute) video of yourself. Tell us about you and why you want to come to CMU. This is not a required part of the application process, but it is strongly suggested.
For more details regarding application, please see the SCS Master's Admissions page. No incomplete applications will be eligible for consideration.